We need you!
Please consider volunteering for our 14th annual event scheduled for Saturday, June 17th, 2017! There are plenty of opportunities to get involved. For those who want to volunteer and run the race, consider helping out prior to race day or after the race. Simply let us know your preference.
- If you need community service hours, please ask us on race day and we will provide official signed forms of proof of service at the Volunteer Check-in Table on the Family Fun Day field. You can pick-up the signed forms AFTER completing your assigned job.
- Ignite leaders: please write “ignite leader” in the year in school section when signing up to volunteer.
Volunteers don’t just do the work — they make it work!
- Volunteer assignments will be emailed on Tuesday, 6/14 and Wednesday, 6/15.
- Please see your assignment email for your check-in time.
- Volunteer T-shirts will be distributed at the check in locations.
- Points of contact: Courtney Pinto and Colleen Allen, email@example.com
My family and I have been volunteering at the Sharon Timlin Memorial Event since it’s inception. We look forward to it every year and love the activity, the spirit and the energy of everyone there. We all feel good knowing that in some small way we are helping to make a difference in finding a cure for ALS. Since the event is completely run by volunteers, we know that all of the proceeds go directly to finding a cure for ALS. When we started volunteering 13 years ago, the event was small scale, but every year it grows and it has grown into a huge, successful event which is extremely well run and organized. Of course we all love wearing our Sharon Timlin Memorial t-shirts too!Renee Werber
I began volunteering for the Sharon Timlin Race 4 years ago when my cousin, Amy, was diagnosed with ALS. It has been such a fun, rewarding, and organized experience every year!Amanda Pinto
Register to run or walk before we fill up! The 5K Race or Walk starts at 8:30 AM on Saturday, June 17, 2017 at Hopkinton High School, 90 Hayden Rowe Street, Hopkinton, MA. The incredible post party is a great way to spend the morning with friends and family. We encourage online registration but we also accept registrations by mail.
Join our Angel Fundraising Challenge and help us raise money to cure ALS. (New this year: Special edition baseball hats for anyone that raises over $500). Set up your fundraising page here. All proceeds benefit The Angel Fund, an independent, non-profit charity benefitting ALS (Lou Gehrig’s Disease) research at UMASS Medical School.
We appreciate all donations and all the money raised goes directly toward helping medical researchers find a cure for ALS. Click here to donate to our cause and help us strike out ALS.
As a sponsor of the Sharon Timlin Memorial Event to Cure ALS, you will join us in making an impact against this devastating disease. We customize opportunities for all levels of sponsorship.